Translate

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Camden and Rockport





Pardon me for the use of four pictures ... I couldn't choose just one. The first is Durelle and new friends from near Branson, MO. The second is a shot of some mountain laurel that I couldn't resist. It was taken at the "Children's Chapel" in Rockport, ME. The third is a schooner (I think) in the fog at the Rockport harbor. Finally there is a shot from Mount Battie of the Camden harbor again on a foggy day.
It was another quiet day in Belfast, ME. I had my second session of physical therapy on my calf which is improving substantially. After a haircut and some grocery shopping, I picked up Durelle and Jackie and Dennis Coulter and we went to Camden for lunch at the Water Front restaurant. After lunch we wandered along the shore to the "Children's Chapel" and then over a dirt road to the back way into Rockport harbor. It was not the low rent disrict! After that we went up Mount Battie to look down on the Camden harbor. Although not a photographer's dream because of the fog, it was a good trip. We came back to the campground, fed Belle, and went to a wine tasting at "Papa J's", the restaurant affiliated with the campground. We then rejoined "happy hour" until Bernie and Ann Dunn arrived from the Cape. 'Twas a good reunion, and there will be more to come. Today we made reservations at Red Bay, AL for March 17, 2009. It will be our seventh annual visit to Red Bay for routine maintenance on the bus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad, I love the one of the schooner. It looks like it ought to be on the next deck of playing card Mom and I use to play Nancy's Game.