Translate

Friday, February 9, 2018

Birthday

     Well, we both had dental appointments and I had PT to squeeze in in the morning before we met Cindy at the "Fleet Landing" for a birthday lunch. It's a building that at one time, I think, was a ferry terminal. Today it is one of those dockside eateries specializing in local fish. Their oysters weren't nearly as good as I had two days before at Bistro-217 in Pauley's Island with Myrt and Debra. Emphasizing local fish that do not usually appear on a menu, their catch of the day was "sheepshead". It was good...a flaky, white fish.



     They do have a good view of the Charleston harbor which is dominated by Fort Sumter


.
      So, I'm starting my 80th trip around the sun. Although hindered by serious mobility issues, I'm feeling pretty good.
      The picture below was taken last week and doesn't really fit here, but I have a nice shot of "our" pair of bald eagles.



     I have seen eagles all my life, although there was a dry spell in the 80's. But we have never lived for an extended period with a nesting pair in our vicinity. We hear their distinctive whistling shriek on a regular basis, and they provide convenient photo-ops when I'm having trouble drudging up some blog fodder.

No comments: