Translate

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Settled in on the Maine Coast




You would think that with all the scenery on the Maine Coast, I could be more creative than to attach more dog pictures. I promise to do better. Yesterday morning it was in the low 90s. The record for the day in Bangor was broken by several degrees. Yesterday morning I set up a small 12V fan. Six hours later a back door cold front settled through, and the overnight low was 48! Today was sunny, dry and about 70 degrees. We took advantage of a vacant beach at low tide to let the pups off lead. The terrain they are perusing is where I harvest my mussels. I couldn't resist including the "portrait" pictures of Belle and Baxter.
Tonight the little Weber grille is fired up for an extra thick steak accompanied by some sauteed squash, zucchini, onions and garlic...no starch. Life is good.

1 comment:

Ali Workentin said...

Loved the picture of the dogs on the beach. Dinner sounds delicious. Hope you have a good rest of the evening.