Translate

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hot Springs, AR

Well, I haven't posted in four days! After the photo op day with the dinner cruise, I didn't take another picture in Branson. There was a seminar day. There were a couple of game days. Yesterday there were four teams for bean-bag baseball. Durelle's team won the event. It seemed that every time I looked up she was rounding the bases with another home run toss. She won the tourney with a walk-off home run. You'ld think she was Big Papi. The day before was horseshoes except that, instead of horseshoes, we used toilet seats; and the stakes were covered with three rolls of toilet paper so you couldn't slide a ringer on. My team was down 9-1. I got two ringers, and we lost 11-10. Oh, well!
Route 65 south from Branson was not my favorite drive of the trip...minimal scenery, minimal mileage, and minimal cruise control. We averaged 40mph. I bought $400 worth of fuel at a place that wouldn't take my check or my credit card. The good news was that they had an ATM, and the diesel was $3.939. The last previous fill-up was in Monument, CO, 917 miles ago. I broke 9 mpg.
Tomorrow I'll get some local pictures and get back on the ball. I hope to do some bus washing tomorrow. The weather couldn't be better.

No comments: