Translate

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Prospect, OR





Although we are in Prospect, today's pictures are from Crescent City. Before we hooked up the Jeep, we drove around some of the redwood groves and took a brief trip to the harbor of Crescent City. The picture of the Jeep at the foot of the tree didn't have enough light, but I decided to include it for the scale. It is amazing how dark it is on the floor of those forests. At 1030 I had to turn up the dash lights to read the instrument panel. The next shows the road and the unachievable speed limit. The lighthouse shot was taken from the municipal harbor, and the last one was shot through the windshield on the way out of the park.
Today was a 150 mile day with only 30 miles in the first hour through the redwoods. We got in after 2:00, and the campground management was most helpful. The bad news was that the chances of my dish acquiring DirecTV were slim. The good news was that the campground had set up a DirecTV dish and distribution system to several sites. So I hooked up as if it were my portable dish. When I turned it on, I had a good signal on the odd numbered transponders but none on the evens. I didn't want to envision two nights in a row with no satellite for Durelle. With management permission we hooked up the coax to the outlet on the adjoining site and everything worked. Saaaafe!! The wifi is strong, but cell phones don't work.
Tomorrow is Crater Lake and associated sights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Curious to the unachievable speed limit. Can't tell in the picture available on my screen. Think of us in S.C. tonight. Silly Hanna has strengthened and moved back to the west - landfall expected now after midnight in Georgetown County