Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Translate

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Miscellaneous Topics

     This morning Durelle was out in the back yard doing some minor yard work, and Mocha was with her. In a few moments, while Durelle wasn't looking, the dog disappeared. She yelled in to ask me if Mocha was in with me. She wasn't. I soon spotted her in our next door neighbor's yard with which we share a four foot, wooden picket fence. As Mocha was nosing around, she discovered that a pair of pickets were loose at the bottom, so she pushed them aside and went exploring. We retrieved her and put her inside while I repaired the fence. Does she look contrite?



     I don't think so, either. By the way, we have subsequently learned that her name is not related to color. Rather it is an amalgamation of her parents' names: Moose and Dakota.
     While she was out back, Durelle took a picture of a blossom on our local weed that we have repeatedly cut down. The plant is locally called a Confederate Rose. The Latin name is hibiscus mutabilis



      Another local critter showed up on our side of the pond this time.





     I took the picture from ten to twelve feet. I estimate that he is a six footer or perhaps a little more. These guys are another reason that our yard is fenced.

2 comments:

jsfare said...

I'm thinking the alligator looks far more contrite than Mocha! Still, I wouldn't want him on MY side of the fence. Flower blossom is fantastic!

Marty said...

Maybe your 'weed' shouldn't be cut down?