Translate

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Arriving in Maine

We arrived at the Moorings RV Resort in Belfast just before 1400. It was the kind of driving day I like...boring. I'll try again to post a picture with this note, but, if not, maybe later. This morning, after picking up the Sunday papers, we headed to Merrimack where we bought 100 gallons at $4.699. I expect that before the summer is over I'll have a $500 fillup. Fortunately it is nearly 1000 miles between fillups.
We spent a bit of time setting up and greeting several old friends. As a matter of fact, there should be two couples knocking on the door momentarily for our first happy hour in Maine. Because of a cool fog and some nearby thunder, we will do it inside.
We also decided to extend our stay here a week. I'll update the itinerary shortly. Guests have arrived.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear about the boring trip and envious of your destination. Here in South Cak (as Kevin Garnett calls it) happiness is the green, green grass of rain-soaked lawn, a few hours after it was mowed. And it wasn't enough of a storm to affect the satellite conveying the Red Sox's heroics in the 13th. Say hi to the gang for me.
Cinny