Translate

Saturday, June 7, 2008



Well, last night was Senior Prom night in Nashua, NH. Here's Melissa, lovely lady, class president, and all round great gal. After the revelers climbed back into their limos, Durelle and I, son Mark with Heather; Dave and Meghan (Melissa's brother and sister) and great-granddaughter Brielle headed to Smokey Bones for supper.

During the meal a couple of topics arose that really highlighted the difference in the generations. Durelle wondered aloud if anyone still used dance cards. Of course no one had heard of such a thing, but Dave thought it was a great idea. "You mean you wouldn't dance every dance with your date?' During a mention of current cell phone capabilities I said that the first phone I ever used had a crank. Meghan said, "Oh, I think those old rotary phones are cool." So, I guess we are now officially "old farts."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Dad, love the grandkid comments. Sure brings home something Grampa Cloutier once told me. "No matter how far we've come in my lifetime, the advances in yours will make them seem insignificant."

Or something along those lines. I seem to have misplaced my notebook with the exact quote in it.

No doubt he'd get a kick out of the Smoky Bones discussion by all of you.

Mark Cloutier said...

I'm just wondering why Dad was up at 0500 doing this post. He obviously didn't have anywhere near as good a time as Melissa did Friday night :)

bonnie said...

Mark- was he witing up for Melissa?
Bonnie