Translate

Friday, August 15, 2008

Black Hills update




Here are the three pictures I tried to post yesterday. As I mentioned yesterday, I didn't get the iconic shot of the four presidents. The Washington profile is a nice shot, but, as Cindy said, "You didn't go all that way to come away without the classic Rushmore picture." (Un)fortunately, Freightliner has solved the problem for us. As a result of this morning's safety recall inspection, they have ordered a new steering gear box which they will install on Wednesday, so we'll be leaving Rapid City on the 21st. The itinerary will have to be adjusted accordingly. We'll be doing a lot more of the Black Hills than planned and less of something else. We had some slack here and there, and I'll post the revisions when we figure them out. Andy, the Portland visit will probably get pushed back a couple of days but not change in duration.
To keep life from being boring, USAA called today to say that my MasterCard had been compromised and has been closed. New cards are being shipped here. The only issue is that, with our life style, we have automated the payments of numerous (all) bills and services. The ones that use the card will all have to be updated. What are my odds of catching all of them?
At any rate the good news I'll have a "do over" on the Rushmore picture.

No comments: