Translate

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rushmore







Today, Thursday, was a rainy day almost all day long. Of course this was the day we chose to go to Mt. Rushmore. The pictures in this blog are almost all wildlife shots. On the way to Rushmore we elected to drive through “Bear Country”, an analog to “Lion Country “, in Florida. The elk are majestic even in captivity. The bears are mostly bored and sorta pathetic. The picture of the arctic wolf is a little out of focus because the auto focus zeroed in on the grass in front of him. The pictures of the pronghorn antelope, deer and bison were taken in Custer State Park, a magnificent, large spread south of Rushmore. Those were not in a game park with fences.
I screwed up the Rushmore pictures. It was raining, and I didn’t get all four presidents. I did, however, get a nice profile shot of Washington through the trees. If our inspection at Freightliner dictates that we spend the weekend, I’ll go back and do it again. This thing won't let me add my last three pictures, and it's time for supper. I'll fix it later.

No comments: