Translate

Thursday, June 18, 2015

55th Anniversary

     Maine is scrambling its way into summer (three days away).  Most mornings have been in the low 50s.  Depending on the sunshine we have occasionally had to turn on some heat.  Please do not interpret that as a complaint.  My back still inhibits my mobility, but I am doing my PT and I walked Baxter up the hill to the dog walk area this morning.
     As a part of Maine's climbing out of spring into summer, the lupine are in full bloom.  There's a nice patch at a gift shop a mile or so south on route 1.







     The blossoms don't last long, but they are lovely at their peak.

     Today was a special day.  Durelle and I have been married for 55 years!  I suppose that should warrant some profound thoughts and/or advice to the next generation.  Unfortunately I haven't had any profound thoughts in a long time, and I doubt that the millennials are inclined to want any advice from the folks that remember the Ed Sullivan Show.  We, the Floods, the Roths, and Dick Brann went out for supper.  On the way back we stopped at the top of the hill and asked another camper to take a group picture.



     For those of you that don't remember, that's Penobscot Bay in the background.  When we got back to the motorhome, we found an anniversary present on our doorstep from the campground manager...a cold bottle of Champagne and a couple of flutes.  Thanks Jim. 

3 comments:

feeding said...

Happy Anniversary!!! We'll celebrate you when we arrive...see you in 6 days!

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary Gramma and Grampa!

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful milestone. I think we are learning some of your history, are we not, having recently attended your USMA 55th Alumni Reunion? Kudos to you both. And what a wonderful group shot :).