Translate

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Bad Weather as the Days Get Shorter

     Although we have had moments of fine weather, most of the time after the summer solstice has been 55 degrees with rain, fog or mist.  We have the heat on.  The heat pumps are perfect for this weather.  For those of you who are familiar with motorhomes, I have moved my computer up to the pull out tray in front of the passenger's seat.  I did so at Durelle's suggestion because it was a better seat for my back.  I mention all that because from this seat, when I look out the corner of my eye at the driver's side mirror I can see the activity at the hummingbird feeder.  Today I decided to take a picture of the mirror.  The guy always uses the "spigot" away from Durelle's chair, but with the mirror I can catch him from behind.



     Today I got some pictures in emails from nephew Dan Taylor.  My sister, Marian, lives in Royalston, MA in a rustic place with a LOT of wildlife.  She does not have internet access so she carried some pictures to Dan who forwarded them to me.  I think you will like them.



     In the ursine world multiple births are common, but quads are certainly not.





      
      Thanks to Dan (and his mother) for making those pictures available.

     Just as I finished populating my blog with someone else's pictures, Cindy sent me some pictures she took in our back yard with her I-Phone.  Hey, I'm not proud; I'll use someone else's material.






     When I told her that we had our heat on, she was astonished.  Charleston was 93...feels like 102.

No comments: