Translate

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Penobscot Bay

     As with an old saddle, we are already getting used to life on the edge of Penobscot Bay.  We have yet to go out to eat except for hotdogs at Wasse's Hotdogs in Reny's Plaza.  Baxter is doing just fine.  Both he and the old man are making the walk up the hill to the dog walk area in the morning.
     I have taken some pictures of the harbor in Belfast that are representative of the view from the bridge.



     I have not yet wandered around the harbor or the shipyard to get any closeup pictures.  I did take a couple of shots of a sailboat heading back to the harbor.


     Later, as we were watching the sunlight evolve, I decided to take another picture through the windshield.  The difference was that, instead of sitting up front, I was sitting in the back of the bus.  I include it because it shows that, even with other rigs up front, our view is still there.



     The indistinct shadow in the foreground is a plant that Durelle has set upon the dashboard.  It gives you a nice idea of the wonderful views we have out front.
     I asked Durelle if she would like to take a drive to see some of the local sights.  Her reply was something along the lines of, "What could be better than this?"

2 comments:

Ann said...

Durelle, you have that right. I can't wait to get there.

Dan Taylor said...

A view like that with a pile of steaming lobsters is about the only improvement I can think of! Glad to hear that Baxter and his assistant are doing fine.