Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Translate

Monday, August 1, 2011

Arrival at the Moorings in Belfast, ME

     I promised that the next post would be from Canada...I lied.  Neither campsite, Cache Bay, Ont. nor Hudson, Que had wifi. The Verizon aircard carried warnings about $2+ per MB if using Verizonglobal.  I logged on as briefly as possible and checked for important emails.  Of course all the unimportant ones were downloaded whether I read them or not.  Cache Bay was a nice spot.  It is on the western end of Lake Nippising which must extend for fifty miles from west to east.  After supper I took the camera out to the dock and watched the sunset evolve.  I am attaching a couple of uncompressed pictures that I hope you like.
     Today was a tough, long day.  We rolled out of the campground at 0745.  It wasn't a great campground; $48.99 for a site with a very marginal 30 amps, roadside traffic, crowded sites, no satellite access, no wifi and no cell phone.  About a half hour later we were in Montreal's morning rush hour.  After wasting almost an hour recovering from a missed turn (don't ask), we headed south to Derby Line, VT.  There we lost another hour and a half...no hassle, just a long, slow line.  Then we traversed northern New England from west to east.  These are roads that only a logging trucker could love.  On those few occasions that 50 MPH was permitted, it was nearly impossible to achieve it.  All in all it took us eleven and a half hours to go 368 miles.  We pulled in just as happy hour was breaking up.  The usual crew helped me with the setup.  Durelle made chop suey while I crashed.  We are so glad to be in Maine and to be parked for a while.
Post a Comment