Translate

Friday, June 22, 2012

Columbia, Missouri

     The past two days, as well as the next two, are not likely to generate any frame-able pictures nor any deathless prose.  I mean, what can you say about I-70 across Kansas?  It did give a simile that I look forward to using, "He's sharper than an I-70 turn in Kansas".  Actually, in Kansas City there was a 45 MPH turn, but that was very atypical.  While I was checking in the receptionist (owner I think), she was dealing with an Alabama caller.  Since Missouri is now in the SEC, Alabama is coming to town.  She is sold out, as are most of the hotels/motels.  I told her to expect a bunch of Tiffin products.
     This is a nice campground about three miles north of I-70.  There are chimineas at every site with firewood inside.  If it cools off enough, we may try it out.
     This is the Cottonwood RV Park.  It is one I would stop at again.  There was a small conflagration/bevy/flock of Airstreams that convened here as well.
     Tomorrow is Terre Haute. 

2 comments:

Dan Taylor said...

Nancy and I crossed Kansas in one very LONG day in August 2008, stopping in a campground after midnight in Kansas City, Missouri. When we got to our site we discovered the carnival was in town and staying at the same place. Nancy wouldn't leave the Chevy that night'

Dan Taylor said...

Need to correct that date above, it was August 1988!